Types of clamp meters

Clamp meters

Clamp meters, known traditionally as clamp-on ammeters, sometimes even as tong testers, fall into three types or categories:

While different, they share the same fundamental methodology when making measurements: A conductor is passed through a probe (either the hard jaws built into a clamp meter, or the flexible coil of a clamp accessory), and the vector sum of the currents flowing through the conductor is calculated by the meter.

Other specialty tools are associated with the clamp meter category. Fluke’s product line addresses a variety of specific troubleshooting issues with clamp-based tools. Some examples:

Find the right clamp meter
Hi, I'm your virtual assistant, I will do my very best to help you navigate all things Fluke related. You can ask me anything! I'm new and might make a few mistakes. For safe use of Fluke tools, refer to the product manuals, safety sheets, and your company's safety requirements. To speak with a person, visit our Contact Us or Talk to Sales page. For information on how we handle personal data, see our Privacy Policy.