Fluke T6-600 Electrical Tester
5 reasons the T6 belongs in your toolbelt
- Be safer: Measure voltage to 600 V ac through the open fork, without test leads.
- Be faster: No need to open covers or remove wire nuts.
- Be more efficient: Simultaneously measure voltage and current.
- Be everywhere: 17.8 mm open fork is widest in the industry; measure up to 200 A on 4/0 wires (120 mm2).
- Go beyond simple detection. Actually measure ac voltage and current values without test leads.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage*
- See voltage or current display – shows all power supply measurements at a glance for efficient trouble shooting
- 1 to 600 V ac or dc (T6-600)
- 0 to 200 A ac
- True-rms voltage and current
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard two-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase+
Tips: FieldSense TechnologyDo not hold or touch wire you are testing during a measurement. Use the black probe to make the ground connection if:
- wearing gloves or insulated footwear
- standing on an insulated ladder
- additional ground contact is required for the application
FieldSense measurement looks like this when properly grounded:
- Display color turns green
- Display shows a valid measurement >16 V rather than dashes or 0.0
- shows for measurement ≥30 V
+ Register product online within 45 days of purchase to extend warranty to four years. See http://a.fluke.com/registration for details. Two-year additional warranty offer may be discontinued without notice
Measure voltage … without test leads
We know working in electrical boxes jammed with wires can be challenging when you’re trying to find a safe metallic contact point. Now, with Fluke’s T6-600 or T6-1000 with integrated FieldSense technology, you can quickly and easily take measurements by sliding the open fork over a conductor to see the voltage level without the need for test leads.*
See how easy it is to make FieldSense measurements
T6 Electrical Tester Helps Team at Cutting Edge Cancer Research Center
Why use the T6 Electrical Tester?
Electricians often work in boxes jammed with wires, where finding a safe metallic contact point can be a challenge. With the T6-600 or T6-1000 you take measurements by sliding a single wire into the open fork.
How FieldSense Works
FieldSense technology is truly a breakthrough in how voltage is measured. While other open fork testers detect a magnetic field to show ac current, FieldSense technology detects an electrical field. This field interacts with a reference signal created by the T6 tester, creating a voltage value on the tester’s display.
Who needs a T6 tester?
Commercial and light industrial electricians can use T6 Electrical Testers for most everyday measurements. These devices easily fit in your pocket, making them easy to access on the front-line for electricians of all industries.* Voltage measurement requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
- Attached test leads with removable 4 mm probe caps, user documentation
|Function||Requires test leads||Range||Resolution||Accuracy|
ac voltage true-rms
|No||600 V||1 V||±(3% + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz |
ac current true-rms
|No||200.0 A||0.1 A||±(3% + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz|
|No||1 Hz||±(1% + 2 counts)|
|Volts ac true-rms||Yes||600 V||1 V||±(1.5% + 2 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz|
|Volts dc||Yes||600 V||1 V||±(1% + 2 counts)|
|Resistance||Yes||2000 Ω||1 Ω||±(1% + 2 counts)|
|Safety||600 V CAT III|
Accuracy: ± ( [ % of reading] + [number of least significant digits] ). Accuracy is specified for 1 year after calibration, at 18 °C to 28 °C (64 °F to 82 °F) with relative humidity to 90 %. AC measurements are ac-coupled, RMS responding.
Accuracy: Add 3 % without an external ground connection. External ground connection required for user wearing insulated gloves, standing on an insulated ladder, or otherwise insulated from earth ground.
Accuracy: FieldSense is specified from 16 V to 100 % of range.
|Calibration||1-year calibration cycle|
|Dimensions||61.1 x 259.3 x 43.8 mm|
|Jaw opening||17.8 mm|
|Weight||0.35 kg (0.78 lb)|
|Temperature||Operating||-10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage||-30 °C to +60 °C (-22 °F to +140 °F)|
|Altitude||Operating||2,000 m (6,562 feet)|
|Storage||10,000 m (32,808 feet)|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 90%, 5 °C to 30 °C (41 °F to 86 °F)|
|0% to 75%, 30°C to 40 °C (86 °F to 104 °F)|
|0% to 45%, 40°C to 50 °C (104 °F to 122 °F)|
|Battery Type and Life||2 x AA (IEC LR6); 360 hours continuous, typical; 200 hours using FieldSense|
|Temperature coefficient||0.1 x (specified accuracy) / °C for <18°C or >28 °C|
|(< 64.4 °F or > 82.4 °F)|
|Safety||IEC/EN 61010-1: Pollution Degree 2|
|Electromagnetic Environment||IEC/EN 61326-1: Portable|