Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter is rated out of 5 by 43.
Equipped with new functionality
- TrendCapture graphically displays logged data session to quickly determine whether anomalies may have occurred.
- Zoom on trend provides unprecedented ability to view and analyze TrendCapture data; zoom in up to 14 times.
- Selectable AC filter (smoothing mode) helps display a steadier reading when the input signal is changing rapidly or noisy.
- Low Pass filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements at the same time on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment.
- LoZ Volts. Low impedance voltage function for eliminating ghost voltages. Also recommended when testing for absence or presence of live power.
- Adjustable recording and auto hold thresholds, specify a percentage change in the readings that begins a new event.
- Large 50,000 count, 1/4 VGA dot matrix display with white backlight.
- Logging function with expanded memory for unattended monitoring of signals over time. Using on-board TrendCapture users can graphically review logged readings without needing a PC. Store up to 15,000 recorded events.
- Save multiple logging sessions before PC download is necessary.
- Two terminal 50 ohm range with 1 milliohm resolution, 10 mA source current. Useful for measuring and comparing differences in motor winding resistance or contact resistance.
- On board help screens for measurement functions. Unsure about a function - go to that function and press the "i" button.
- Real time clock for automatic time stamping of saved readings.
- Relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms or capacitance measurements.
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals.
- Measure up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds).
- 100 mF capacitance range.
- Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 μs.
- Premium test leads and alligator clips included.
- Amp jack plugs included.
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks.
- FlukeView forms enable you to document, store and analyze individual readings or a series of measurements, then convert them into professional-looking documents.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
Product overview: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Fluke 289 True-RMS Logging Multimeter helps you find little problems before they become big ones
The Fluke 289 is the next generation high performance industrial logging multimeter. This Fluke DMM is designed to solve complex problems in electronics, plant automation, power distribution, and electro-mechanical equipment. Let the 289 be your watchdog for systems or processes while you are off doing other jobs. It provides the ability to log data and graphically review up 10,000 recorded events and logged readings with on-board TrendCapture. Zoom on trend provides a 14x zoom to view and analyze data—without needing a PC.
Other useful features:
- Provides up to a 14x zoom to view and analyze TrendCapture data in depth
- Includes a selectable AC filter (smoothing mode) to help display a steadier reading when the input signal is changing rapidly or noisy.
- Offers adjustable recording and auto hold thresholds to specify a percentage change in the readings that begins a new event
- Features a large 50,000 count, 1/4 VGA dot matrix display with white backlight
- Stores up to 15,000 recorded events so you can save multiple logging sessions before PC download is necessary
- Provides two-terminal 50 ohm range with 1 milliohm resolution, 10 mA source current, for measuring and comparing differences in motor winding resistance or contact resistance
- Includes low pass filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements at the same time on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment.
- Provides LoZ Volts, a low impedance voltage function for eliminating ghost voltages Recommended when testing for absence or presence of live power
- Features on-board help screens for measurement functions
- Includes a real-time clock to automatically time stamp saved readings
- Offers relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms or capacitance measurements
- Provides True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Measures up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds)
- Provides up to 100 mF capacitance range
- Records transients as fast as 250 μs with peak capture
- Includes premium test leads, alligator clips, and amp jack plugs
- Offers optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
- Works with optional FlukeView forms to enable you to document, store and analyze individual readings or a series of measurements, then convert them into professional-looking documents.
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty.
What's in the box:
- 289 True-RMS Industrial Logging Multimeter
- (1 pair) TL71 Test Leads
- AC175 Alligator Clips
- 6 AA batteries (installed)
- Quick reference guide
Specifications: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
|DC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|AC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|Basic accuracy||0.4% (True-RMS)|
|DC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|AC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|Basic accuracy||0.6% (True-RMS)|
|Temperature (excluding probe)||Range / resolution||-200.0°C to 1350.0°C (-328.0°F to 2462.0°F)|
|Resistance||Range / resolution||50.000 Ω, 500.00 Ω, 5.0000 kΩ, 50.000 kΩ, 500.00 kΩ, 5.0000 MΩ, 50.00 MΩ, 500.0 MΩ|
|Capacitance||Range / resolution||1.000 nF,10.00 nF 100.0 nF, 1.000 μF, 10.00 μF, 100.0 μF, 1000 μF, 10.00 mF, 100 mF|
|Frequency||Range / resolution||99.999 Hz, 999.99 Hz, 9.9999 kHz, 99.999 kHz, 999.99 kHz|
|Connectivity||Optional infrared connector via Fluke ir3000 FC|
|Maximum voltage between any terminal and earth ground||1000 V|
|Battery type||6 AA alkaline batteries, IECLR6|
|Battery life||100 hours minimum, 200 hours in logging mode|
|Temperature||Operating||-20°C to 55°C|
|Storage||-40°C to 60°C|
|Relative humidity||0 to 90% (0 to 37°C), 0 to 65% (37°C to 45°C), 0 to 45% (45°C to 55°C)|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EMC EN61326–1|
|Vibration||Random vibration per MIL-PRF-28800F Class 2|
|Shock||1 meter drop per IEC/EN 61010–1 3rd Edition|
|Size (H x W x L)||22.2 x 10.2 x 6 cm (8.75 x 4.03 x 2.38 in)|
|Weight||870.9 g (28 oz)|
|Multiple on screen displays||Yes|
|True-RMS AC bandwidth||100 kHz|
|DC mV resolution||1 μV|
|Megohm range||Up to 500 MΩ|
|Elapse time clock||Yes|
|Time of day clock||Yes|
|Isolated optical interface||Yes|
|Log to PC||Yes|
|Logging memory||Up to 15,000 readings|
|Wireless connectivity (optional)||Yes|
Models: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Fluke 289 True-RMS Industrial Logging Multimeter
- 289 True-RMS Industrial Logging Multimeter
- TL71 Test Leads
- AC175 Alligator Clips
- Batteries – 6 AA Installed
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ben72 from Accurate but heavy and battery terminals weak Pros: - Accurate - Used as calibrated reference in our lab Cons - Relatively heavy. Best for table use, uncomfortable for field use - Conventional batteries (not rechargeable) - Need to separately purchase cable and software to export data - Battery terminal tabs snapped off
Date published: 2022-06-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by macxcrm114 from A meter with most everything in one unit. I am really happy with this meter. I needed a meter with a very fast response time to test if PLC circuits were actually dropping to zero during transitions. I need the LoZ function to make sure the voltage is real. I regularly use the large display to show max/min/average in real time, or voltage and frequency, all at the same time. I can’t stress enough how nice it is to have a meter with more than one display line. I often use the AC & DC simultaneous display, which is very helpful for probing circuits when the voltage type is unknown or changing. I can trust the accuracy and safety. The Lo-ohms feature is a bonus to get very accurate and relative readings. For so many features it’s very easy to use and navigate; the menu system is intuitive and the whole meter is well thought out. The only disappointments are the physical quality control. The USB interface doesn’t fit right and pops off when any movement or bump occurs (Fluke has sent a replacement which has the same problem.) The Bluetooth device fits securely so I dont think the issue is the meter itself, but the FVF cable. The kickstand isn’t molded quite right and doesn’t stay closed. Just a nitpick, but the serial # sticker is illegible and put on crooked. But, the unit works, the screen is clean, it does more than most anyone else’s meter I’ve come across, and does it well.
Date published: 2022-02-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Agha from Awesome Mutimeter This is a great very accurate meter with a lot of thought
Date published: 2021-05-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from fluke forever!!! i've been a fluke user since 1980. have about 10 devices & love em all.
Date published: 2021-05-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by Divide_By_Zero from Mostly very good, but diode test is dangerous I really like the datalogging and min/max/avg functions, but the diode test function can destroy sensitive low voltage LEDs and GaAs detector diodes. Yes, 5.36V of reverse bias can and will do this!
Date published: 2020-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Micky from Excellent meter I had this meter for over a year. All I seen here on the review is people putting this meter down. There is nothing at all wrong with this meter. In fact this meter is the best I ever used and is spot on with its readings, also fast. So all I can say to the people on here, is you should learn how to use a multimeter, maybe you should buy a more basic model if this is to advance for you. I do lots of electronics and power supply repairs, and this meter is top and a full 10 out of 10 for everything. Also people putting the kick stand down? There nothing wrong with it. Also about dropping it and not being robust? Who in their right mind would want to drop an expensive meter like this? Fluke you don’t an amazing job and made a fantastic meter. Good work.
Date published: 2020-07-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by Earl1 from Excellent Troubleshooting Tool Anyone who works in electronics can appreciate a tool that can babysit a device, power supply or line voltages. This meter is the ultimate. It has one of the fastest continuity modes available- very important for quick checking connector issues. I traded my Fluke 8846A bench meter for this one due to measurement speed issues-trading a couple digits of resolution for a more portable faster meter. The trend plots allow you to set the meter up and capture very fast intermittants leaving no doubt as to a component reliability. The display could be redesigned with slightly larger fonts but I have poorer vision. The boot up time of 2 seconds does not bother me as this has a fairly sophisticated processor on board. Would be nice if Fluke included a cable and software for the price of the stand alone kit. Great meter, would buy again. Earl
Date published: 2019-06-03
Rated 2 out of 5 by PaulieT from Not Impressed I purchased this Fluke 289 meter several month ago and since then have grown to dislike it a lot. This meter takes about three seconds to turn ON, okay, that might be acceptable. However, when I turn the meter to take a resistance reading it takes about 3 seconds to determine the resistance. That is not acceptable! And the dark tinted window over the display makes reading the display difficult, even in my brightly lit lab. I bought this meter for some of the advance features like data logging, but don't trust the meter because of the lag times. I have older Fluke meters which are much better. This will probably be the last Fluke meter I buy.
Date published: 2019-03-20
Manuals + resources: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
- Connecting a thermal imager to your iPhone
- Connecting multiple tools at the same time with Fluke Connect®
- Connecting the T3000 FC with the Fluke Connect™ app
- Fluke 289: Virtual Product Tour
- Fluke ScopeMeter Test Tools: Keithly Electric's Tough Standards Demand a Powerful Arsenal of Tools
- How to create an equipment baseline with EquipmentLog™ history
- How to email a measurement using the Fluke Connect app
- How to record measurements and graphs
- How to save measurements to EquipmentLog™ history
- How to share measurements on equipment using the Fluke Connect™ app
- Identifying intermittent conditions with TrendIt™ graphs
- Introduction to 789FC
- Measurement history in one place using EquipmentLog™ history
- Measuring from a safe distance using the Fluke Connect™ app
- Performing predictive maintenance with Fluke Connect™
- Saving measurements with AutoRecord™ measurements
- Share equipment health with EquipmentLog™ history
- Using ShareLive™ video call to share live measurements and video
- Viewing and graphing three phase measurements