Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
Measure voltage and current at the same time without test leads!
- Be safer: Measure voltage to 1000V AC through the open fork, without test leads.
- Be faster: No need to open covers or remove wire nuts.
- Be more efficient: Simultaneously measure voltage and current.
- Be everywhere: 17.8 mm open fork is widest in the industry; measure up to 200 A on 4/0 wires (120 mm2).
Product overview: Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
Fluke T6 is the perfect “all-in-one” tool for troubleshooting, maintenance and service.
Troubleshooting electrical systems can be time-consuming and potentially dangerous because it requires access to metallic contact points.
The latest Fluke T6 Electrical Testers make it possible to take reliable true-rms measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible endpoints, saving time, minimizing potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash. The rugged testers are 1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV safety rated and feature an easy to read display with a backlight.
See how easy it is to make FieldSense measurements
Now, with Fluke’s FieldSense technology, you can quickly and easily take measurements by sliding the open fork over a conductor to see the voltage level without the need for test leads*.
How to use your new Fluke T6
Learn how to use your new T6 with revolutionary “Field Sense” technology and get the best of your tester. Here are some hints to keep in mind when using it. Measure voltage and current at the same time.
How does FieldSense Technology work?
Measures a voltage signal in reference to earth via the hand of the user by a capacitive sensor without any electrical contact or galvanic connection, fully isolated!
The sensor area of the tester should be located close to the measured signal on a live conductor. In this case the hand and body of the user provides a connection to earth. The electrical field (voltage) and the magnetic field (current) is picked up. When there is a missing earth connection an earth symbol in the display of the T6 shows up.
In some cases, test leads have to be used: When the hand or the human body is isolated to earth (e.g. safety gloves) or if the human body has no earth reference (e.g. upper floors in wooden houses) the earth reference must be provided by connecting the black test lead (COM) to earth.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage*
- Simultaneous voltage and current display – shows all power supply measurements at a glance for efficient trouble shooting
- 1 to 1000 V ac or dc (T6-1000)
- 0 to 200 A ac
- True-rms voltage and current
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Frequency measurement 45 Hz to 66 Hz
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard two-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase+
Specifications: Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
|Function||Requires test leads||Range||Resolution||Accuracy|
ac voltage true-rms
|No||1000 V||1 V||± (3 % + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz|
ac current true-rms
|No||200.0 A||0.1 A||± (3% + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz|
|No||45 Hz – 66 Hz||1 Hz||± (1% + 2 counts)|
|Volts ac true-rms||Yes||1000 V||1 V||± (1.5% + 2 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz|
|Volts dc||Yes||1000 V||1 V||± (1% + 2 counts)|
|Resistance||Yes||2000 Ω||1 Ω||± (1% + 2 counts)|
|Yes||20.00 kΩ||0.01 kΩ|
|Yes||100.0 kΩ||0.1 kΩ|
|Safety||1000 V CAT III|
600 V CAT IV
Accuracy: ± ( [ % of reading] + [number of least significant digits] ). Accuracy is specified for 1 year after calibration, at 18 °C to 28 °C (64 °F to 82 °F) with relative humidity to 90 %. AC measurements are ac-coupled, RMS responding.
|Calibration||1-year calibration cycle|
|Dimensions||61.1 x 259.3 x 43.8 mm|
|Jaw opening||17.8 mm|
|Weight||0.35 kg (0.78 lb)|
|Temperature||Operating||-10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage||-30 °C to +60 °C (-22 °F to +140 °F)|
|Altitude||Operating||2,000 m (6,562 feet)|
|Storage||10,000 m (32,808 feet)|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 90%, 5 °C to 30 °C (41 °F to 86 °F)|
|0% to 75%, 30°C to 40 °C (86 °F to 104 °F)|
|0% to 45%, 40°C to 50 °C (104 °F to 122 °F)|
|Battery Type and Life||2 x AA (IEC LR6); 360 hours continuous, typical; 200 hours using FieldSense|
|Temperature coefficient||0.1 x (specified accuracy) / °C for <18°C or >28 °C|
|0.1 x (specified accuracy) / °C for <18°C or >28 °C|
|Safety||IEC/EN 61010-1: Pollution Degree 2|
|Electromagnetic Environment||IEC/EN 61326-1: Portable|
Models: Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
- Attached test leads with removable 4 mm probe caps
- User documentation
Reviews: Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
Resources: Fluke T6-1000, 1000V AC
- PRV240 | Statement of memory volatility
- PRV240FS | Statement of memory volatility
- PRV240FS | Instruction sheet
- T6-1000/T6-600 | Service information
- T6-600, T6-1000 | Statement of memory volatility
- T6-600/T6-1000 | Safety sheet
- T6-600/T6-1000 | Safety sheet supplement
- T6-600/T6-1000 | Quick reference guide