For many years, electricians and technicians looking for a quick current reading have reached for their trusted Fluke T5 Electrical Tester with “open fork” technology. The T5 has been seen in tool belts the world over, but now there’s the Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester. Here’s how Fluke’s engineers improved on the T5 to develop the ultimate in electrical testing—the T6.
How the T6-1000 helped the team at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- No test leads required for voltage measurements
The Fluke T6 Electrical Tester with FieldSense technology is the first handheld test tool that can perform not only AC current but also AC voltage and frequency measurements up to 1000 V AC through the open fork, without test lead contact to live voltage.
- True RMS provides more accurate measurements when working with non-sinusoidal waveforms
When troubleshooting electrical equipment failures or nuisance trips, it is crucial to know whether the circuit in question has a non-linear load connected to it. These loads draw current in short pulses that produce non-sinusoidal wave shapes. Average responding tools calculate a value based on the assumption that what is being measured is a pure sine wave, resulting in a reading that can be up to 40 % off.
- Measures up to 200A – that’s 2x as much as the T5!
Thanks to the new FieldSense technology, the T6 makes work safer as you can measure voltage up to 1000 V AC through its open fork. Having the capability to measure voltage and current at the same time, together with eliminating the need to open covers or remove wire nuts, allows you to be faster and more efficient when taking measurements. In addition, the open fork is the widest available in the industry and can measure wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) carrying as much as 200 A.
- The Original Fluke TPAK Magnetic hanging strap – now works with your T6!
The universal TPAK hanger allows you to hang your meter on nails, hooks and many other objects.
- Dual line display on the T6-1000 shows both voltage and current measurements at the same time
Simultaneous voltage and current displays show all power supply measurements at a glance for fast and efficient troubleshooting.
- The backlit screen helps with easy reading in darker work spaces
The T6 is your handy tool with a backlit display.
- The T6-1000 Measures resistance up to 100kΩ – 100x higher than the T5
Now you can measure resistance up to 100 kΩ (T6-1000), 2 kΩ (T6-600) higher than most clamp meters!
- Frequency measurements on T6-1000 between 45 and 66 Hz
T6 can help in quick troubleshooting to help you determine if applied voltage is within norms by measuring up to 66Hz with the T6-1000.
- The 0.7” wide fork is 40% wider than the T5 allowing for measurements on wires up to 4/0.
The T6 open fork is the widest available in the industry and can measure wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) carrying as much as 200 A.