430 series Power Quality Analyzers
Q: The Communication between my device (435 3-phase Power Quality and Energy Analyzer, Series I and Series II, 1735 3-phase Power Logger, VR1710 Voltage Quality Recorder) and the Software PowerLog/PowerLog Classic is not working, why is that?
A: The product FirmWare and PowerLog SoftWare versions have to be compatible with each other to get the communication to work. Check compatibality on our website
A: The more data you saved on your power quality analyzer, the longer it will take to transfer that data via USB cable. We recommend to use the SD-Card for data transferring in this case.
A: Most likely you are missing a driver. You can download the correct driver here.
Q: I conducted a measurement with my Fluke 434 / 435 / 437 / 438 power quality analyzer. In PowerLog, the results now show me mega watts instead of kilo watts – In the device its shown correctly. Why is that?
A: Make sure you have upgraded the FirmWare and the SoftWare to the latest version here.
1730 series Power and Energy Loggers
A: When setting up the device before logging, you also have to set up a demand period to get a demand shown in the software later.
A: It is possible you might have attached the current clamps in the wrong direction when setting up your measurement.
A: Please pay extra attention to the following:
- Set up the correct network,
- Make sure to attach the current clamps in the right direction (see the arrow on the clamp),
- Make sure to connect the current clamps and voltage probes on the same phase (e.g. Current clamp for P1 and Voltage Probe for P1 on the same phase),
- Set up a demand period if you want to get a demand calculation when data logging is completed.
A: In that case, you have two options:
- The instrument needs to get a reset to factory default setting, The reset can be activated from the Instrument configuration interface in FEA+ software.
- The reset can also be activated with the START/STOP button:
- Switch on the instrument and keep the button pressed for about 5 seconds, until all status LEDs turn red
- Then release the START/STOP button – the status LEDs start to blink green
- Press the START/STOP button again, until the green LED confirms the reset with a solid green color.
- The logger continues the (re-)boot process
1740 series Three-Phase Power Quality Loggers
A: Please insert the Wi-Fi dongle in the battery compartment of the device and then set up connection from your computer Wi-Fi set-up interface.
Fluke Energy Analyze Plus
A: Please add bookmarks on each table/graph you want to add to the report. Then go to the report tab and drag/drop the bookmarks you would like to include into the report field. After this is done, you can export the report.
A: After dowloading the data to the software, please use in 'Projectmanager' tab the Export icon. From here, you can make the selection of the data you wish to export.