Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Equipped with new functionality
- Share results with your team using ShareLive™ video call (requires ir3000 FC wireless connector [sold separately] and no-cost Fluke Connect mobile app).
- TrendCapture graphically displays logged data session to quickly determine whether anomalies may have occurred.
- Zoom on trend provides unprecedented ability to view and analyze TrendCapture data; zoom in up to 14 times.
- Selectable AC filter (smoothing mode) helps display a steadier reading when the input signal is changing rapidly or noisy.
- Low Pass filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements at the same time on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment.
- LoZ Volts. Low impedance voltage function for eliminating ghost voltages. Also recommended when testing for absence or presence of live power.
- Adjustable recording and auto hold thresholds, specify a percentage change in the readings that begins a new event.
- Large 50,000 count, 1/4 VGA dot matrix display with white backlight.
- Logging function with expanded memory for unattended monitoring of signals over time. Using on-board TrendCapture users can graphically review logged readings without needing a PC. Store up to 15,000 recorded events.
- Save multiple logging sessions before PC download is necessary.
- Two terminal 50 ohm range with 1 milliohm resolution, 10 mA source current. Useful for measuring and comparing differences in motor winding resistance or contact resistance.
- On board help screens for measurement functions. Unsure about a function - go to that function and press the "i" button.
- Real time clock for automatic time stamping of saved readings.
- Relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms or capacitance measurements.
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals.
- Measure up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds).
- 100 mF capacitance range.
- Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 μs.
- Premium test leads and alligator clips included.
- Amp jack plugs included.
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks.
- FlukeView forms enable you to document, store and analyze individual readings or a series of measurements, then convert them into professional-looking documents.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
Product overview: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Fluke 289 True-RMS Logging Multimeter helps you find little problems before they become big ones
The Fluke 289 is the next generation high performance industrial logging multimeter. This Fluke Connect-compatible DMM is designed to solve complex problems in electronics, plant automation, power distribution, and electro-mechanical equipment. Let the 289 be your watchdog for systems or processes while you are off doing other jobs. It provides the ability to log data and graphically review up 10,000 recorded events and logged readings with on-board TrendCapture. Zoom on trend provides a 14x zoom to view and analyze data—without needing a PC.
Because the 289 is Fluke Connect-compatible you can set it up with the ir3000 FC wireless connector (sold separately) to communicate with your iOS and Android smart devices through the Fluke Connect mobile app and monitor readings from a remote location. Or you can share readings with your team in an instant anytime, from anywhere with ShareLive™ video call. It can help you solve problems faster and minimize downtime.
Other useful features:
- Provides up to a 14x zoom to view and analyze TrendCapture data in depth
- Includes a selectable AC filter (smoothing mode) to help display a steadier reading when the input signal is changing rapidly or noisy.
- Offers adjustable recording and auto hold thresholds to specify a percentage change in the readings that begins a new event
- Features a large 50,000 count, 1/4 VGA dot matrix display with white backlight
- Stores up to 15,000 recorded events so you can save multiple logging sessions before PC download is necessary
- Provides two-terminal 50 ohm range with 1 milliohm resolution, 10 mA source current, for measuring and comparing differences in motor winding resistance or contact resistance
- Includes low pass filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements at the same time on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment.
- Provides LoZ Volts, a low impedance voltage function for eliminating ghost voltages Recommended when testing for absence or presence of live power
- Features on-board help screens for measurement functions
- Includes a real-time clock to automatically time stamp saved readings
- Offers relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms or capacitance measurements
- Provides True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Measures up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds)
- Provides up to 100 mF capacitance range
- Records transients as fast as 250 μs with peak capture
- Includes premium test leads, alligator clips, and amp jack plugs
- Offers optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
- Works with optional FlukeView forms to enable you to document, store and analyze individual readings or a series of measurements, then convert them into professional-looking documents.
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty.
Specifications: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
|DC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|AC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|Basic accuracy||0.4% (True-RMS)|
|DC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|AC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|Basic accuracy||0.6% (True-RMS)|
|Temperature (excluding probe)||Range / resolution||-200.0°C to 1350.0°C (-328.0°F to 2462.0°F)|
|Resistance||Range / resolution||50.000 Ω, 500.00 Ω, 5.0000 kΩ, 50.000 kΩ, 500.00 kΩ, 5.0000 MΩ, 50.00 MΩ, 500.0 MΩ|
|Capacitance||Range / resolution||1.000 nF,10.00 nF 100.0 nF, 1.000 μF, 10.00 μF, 100.0 μF, 1000 μF, 10.00 mF, 100 mF|
|Frequency||Range / resolution||99.999 Hz, 999.99 Hz, 9.9999 kHz, 99.999 kHz, 999.99 kHz|
|Connectivity||Optional infrared connector via Fluke ir3000 FC|
|Maximum voltage between any terminal and earth ground||1000 V|
|Battery type||6 AA alkaline batteries, IECLR6|
|Battery life||100 hours minimum, 200 hours in logging mode|
|Temperature||Operating||-20°C to 55°C|
|Storage||-40°C to 60°C|
|Relative humidity||0 to 90% (0 to 37°C), 0 to 65% (37°C to 45°C), 0 to 45% (45°C to 55°C)|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EMC EN61326–1|
|Vibration||Random vibration per MIL-PRF-28800F Class 2|
|Shock||1 meter drop per IEC/EN 61010–1 3rd Edition|
|Size (H x W x L)||22.2 x 10.2 x 6 cm (8.75 x 4.03 x 2.38 in)|
|Weight||870.9 g (28 oz)|
|Multiple on screen displays||Yes|
|True-RMS AC bandwidth||100 kHz|
|DC mV resolution||1 μV|
|Megohm range||Up to 500 MΩ|
|Elapse time clock||Yes|
|Time of day clock||Yes|
|Isolated optical interface||Yes|
|Log to PC||Yes|
|Logging memory||Up to 15,000 readings|
|Wireless connectivity (optional)||Yes|
Models: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
- 289 True-RMS Industrial Logging Multimeter
- TL71 Test Leads
- AC175 Alligator Clips
- Batteries – 6 AA Installed
Requires Fluke ir3000 FC Infrared Connector for Fluke Connect communication
Reviews: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
Resources: Fluke 289 True-RMS Data Logging Multimeter
- Connecting a thermal imager to your iPhone
- Connecting multiple tools at the same time with Fluke Connect®
- Connecting the T3000 FC with the Fluke Connect™ app
- Fluke 289: Virtual Product Tour
- Fluke ScopeMeter Test Tools: Keithly Electric's Tough Standards Demand a Powerful Arsenal of Tools
- How to create an equipment baseline with EquipmentLog™ history
- How to email a measurement using the Fluke Connect app
- How to record measurements and graphs
- How to save measurements to EquipmentLog™ history
- How to share measurements on equipment using the Fluke Connect™ app
- Identifying intermittent conditions with TrendIt™ graphs
- Introduction to 789FC
- Measurement history in one place using EquipmentLog™ history
- Measuring from a safe distance using the Fluke Connect™ app
- Performing predictive maintenance with Fluke Connect™
- Saving measurements with AutoRecord™ measurements
- Share equipment health with EquipmentLog™ history
- Using ShareLive™ video call to share live measurements and video
- Viewing and graphing three phase measurements