Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter plus insulated hand tools starter kit
- 87V: Identify complex signal problems fast
- 87V: measure current, voltage and frequency on complex variables
- Insulated tools: certified to 1000 V AC, 1500 V DC
- Insulated tools: ergonomic 8 piece set, with roll-up pouch
Product overview: Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter plus insulated hand tools starter kit
The Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter combined with the insulated hand tools starter kit, the most often used screwdrivers, pliers and cutters.
The 87V provides the resolution and accuracy to efficiently troubleshoot motor drives, plant automation, power distribution, and electromechanical equipment even in loud, high energy, and high altitude locations. A low pass filter supports accurate frequency measurements on VFDs and captures intermittents as fast 250 µS.
The insulated hand tools starter kit has three sizes of slot screwdrivers. #1 and #2 Phillips screwdrivers. Long nose pliers, heavy duty diagonal cutters and heavy duty lineman combination pliers. All made from hardened chromium-molybdenum-vanadium (CMV) steel. All certified to 1000 volts AC and 1500V DC. All with a limited lifetime warranty.
Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter
- Rugged, high accuracy industrial multimeter to measure current, voltage and frequency on complex variable frequency drive (VFD) signals
- Offers true-RMS AC voltage and current for measuring non-linear signals
- Captures intermittents as short as 250 µS
- Safety rated CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V
- Includes a built-in thermometer and temperature probe
- Three different bladeforms
- Three handle lengths
- #1 and #2 tips
- Two handle lengths
Long nose pliers with side cutter and gripping zones
- Unique milled wave pattern gripping zones
- 4 gripping points for pulling round objects with superior grip that won't slip
- Straight, half-round, long and slim knurled jaws, specially profiled
- Side cutting edge for wire cutting
Heavy duty, high leverage diagonal cutter
- Cuts hard materials including steel and piano wire
- Power joint and precision cutting edges
Heavy Duty Combination Pliers
- Secure hold by aggressive serrated jaws and 4-point gripping hole
- Slim shape for better access to wires in tight spaces
- Powerful gripping jaw, yet 20% lighter weight than other designs
Specifications: Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter plus insulated hand tools starter kit
87V Industrial Multimeter Specifications:
|Voltage DC||Maximum voltage||1000 V|
|Accuracy||±(0.05% + 1)|
|Maximum resolution||10 µV|
|Voltage AC||Maximum voltage||1000 V|
|Accuracy||±(0.7% + 2) True RMS|
|AC bandwidth||20 kHz with low pass filter; 3 db @ 1 kHz|
|Maximum resolution||0.1 mV|
|Current DC||Maximum amps||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)|
|Amps accuracy||±(0.2% + 2)|
|Maximum resolution||0.01 µA|
|Current AC||Maximum amps||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)|
|Amps accuracy||±(1.0% + 2) True RMS|
|Maximum resolution||0.1 µA|
|Resistance||Maximum resistance||50 MΩ|
|Accuracy||±(0.2% + 1)|
|Maximum resolution||0.1 Ω|
|Capacitance||Maximum capacitance||9,999 µF|
|Accuracy||±(1% + 2)|
|Maximum resolution||0.01 nF|
|Frequency||Maximum frequency||200 kHz|
|Accuracy||±(0.005% + 1)|
|Maximum resolution||0.01 Hz|
|Duty cycle||Maximum duty cycle||99.9%|
|Accuracy||±(0.2% per khz + 0.1%)|
|Temperature||–200.0 °C – 1090 °C|
|80 BK||–40.0 °C – 260 °C|
|Conductance||Maximum conductance||60.00 nS|
|Accuracy||±(1.0% + 10)|
|Maximum resolution||0.01 nS|
|Accuracy||±(2% + 1)|
|Duty cycle range||Accuracy||Within ±(0.2% per kHz + 0.1%)|
|Operating||–20 °C to + 55 °C|
|Storage||–40 °C to + 60 °C|
|Humidity||0% – 90% (0 °C – 35 °C)|
|Overvoltage||EN 61010–1 to 1000 V CAT III, 600V CAT IV|
|Agency||UL, CSA, TÜV, VDE listed|
|Mechanical and General Specifications|
|Size||201 x 98 x 52 mm (with holster)|
|Display||Digital||6000 counts updates 4/sec.|
|Analog||32 segments, updates 40/sec|
|Frequency||19,999 counts, updates 3/sec at > 10 Hz|
|Battery Life||Alkaline||~400 hours typical, without backlight|
|Shock||1 Meter drop per IEC 61010–1:2001|
|Vibration||Per MIL–PRF–28800 for a Class 2 instrument|
|Screwdriver Type||Blade length|
|Pliers Type||Nominal Length (inches)||Nominal Length (mm)|
|Lineman Combination Pliers||8||200|
Fluke Insulated Hand Tool Lifetime Limited Warranty
Each Fluke Insulated Hand Tool will be free from defects in material and workmanship for its lifetime. As used herein, “lifetime” is defined as seven years after Fluke discontinues manufacturing the product, but the warranty period shall be at least fifteen years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage from neglect, misuse, contamination, alteration, accident or abnormal conditions of operation or handling, damage or normal wear and tear of mechanical components. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
Recommendations for use and in-service care of Fluke Insulated Hand Tools
The following is guidance concerning the maintenance, inspection, retest and use of Fluke Insulated Hand Tools.
Warning – to avoid electrical shock or personal injury:
- Keep fingers behind the finger guards of the tool. Never touch conductive parts.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Do not use in wet or damp locations. Do not use unless the tool is clean and dry.
- Do not apply excessive force or stress to the tool insulation that may cause damage. Examples include using the insulated surfaces as a fulcrum to pry or wedge or gripping insulated tool handles with other tools such as pliers or wrenches to increase torque or leverage.
If the tool is used in a manner not specified, the protection may be impaired.
Insulated hand tools should be properly stored to minimize the risk of damage to the insulation due to storage or transportation. These insulated hand tools should be stored separated from other tools to avoid mechanical damage or confusion with uninsulated tools. Furthermore, these insulated hand tools should be prevented from contact with excessively hot surfaces (for example steam pipes) or exposure to excessive UV- radiation.
Inspection before use
Before use, each Insulated Hand Tool should be visually inspected by the user. If there is any doubt concerning the safety of the insulated hand tool, it should be subjected to examination by a competent person and if necessary retested to determine suitability or disposed of to prevent further use.
Insulated Hand Tools should be used only in environments having temperatures between –20 °C and +70 °C and, for tools marked “C”, between –40 °C and +70 °C.
Periodic examination and electrical retesting
An annual visual examination by a suitably trained person is recommended to determine the suitability of the Insulated Hand Tool for further service. If an electrical retest is required by national regulation or in the case of doubt after visual examination, the applicable dielectric test of IEC 60900 for insulated hand tools should be performed.
For details contact a Fluke Service Center.
Models: Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter plus insulated hand tools starter kit
87V Industrial Multimeter + Insulated Hand Tools Starter Kit (5 insulated screwdrivers and 3 insulated pliers)
- Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter
- ISLS3 Insulated Slotted Screwdriver 3/32, 3"
- ISLS5 Insulated Slotted Screwdriver 5/32, 4"
- ISLS8 Insulated Slotted Screwdriver 1/4, 5"
- IPHS1 Insulated Phillips Screwdriver #1, 3"
- IPHS2 Insulated Phillips Screwdriver #2, 4"
- INLP8 Insulated Long Nose /w Side Cutter and Gripping Zones
- INDC8 Insulated Heavy Duty High Leverage Diagonal Cutter
- INCP8 Insulated Heavy Duty Linesman Combination Plier
- RUP8 Roll up pouch