Fluke 753 and 754 Documenting Process Calibrator Firmware Upgrade
To upgrade your 753 or 754 to the latest firmware, follow these simple instructions:
- Download firmware version 1.06 or 1.16 depending on which firmware your calibrator is currently using, and save the firmware upgrade file.
- Ensure that your calibrator is connected to a Windows PC via USB cable and using the battery charger for power. Run the file and follow the instructions for the update. Do not turn off the PC or calibrator while the update is in progress. Once the update is complete, cycle the calibrator off and on and verify that the version number has been updated). It is NOT necessary to recalibrate your unit after the firmware update has been completed.
- Optional information is available for download regarding licensing for the open−source software that is included.
- Open-source software licensing information V1.06 (.iso) for firmware version 1.06
- Open-source software licensing information V1.16 (.iso) for firmware version 1.16
Versions 1.06 and 1.16:
- New enhancement allows the 754 to compare a downloaded task to the connected HART device. A warning will now be displayed on the 754 if the TAG ID or Serial Number of the connected device do not match the downloaded Task TAG ID or Serial Number. The new warning messages are available in all supported languages.
- New enhancement now supports Fluke drywells 914X, 917X, and 9190A, which have the stability control feature. This stability control is now utilized to determine when the drywell temperature is fully settled during calibration. A resolution of two decimal places on the 754 will be used.
- New enhancement now supports Fluke drywells 914X, 917X, and 9190A when a reference probe is attached. If the drywell has a reference probe reading that is close to the drywell internal control temperature, then the reference probe reading is used during calibration. A resolution of three decimal places on the 754 will be used if a drywell has a reference probe attached.
- New enhancement increases the secondary measurement limit to 22 milliamps +/- 11% to eliminate false “Compliance Voltage Exceeds Limits” and “Open Detect Circuit” messages.
Versions 1.05 and 1.15:
Adds HART sensor trim support (Fluke 754) for the following transmitters:
- Rosemount 3051C – Revisions 5.9 and 7.10
- Rosemount 3051S "C"– Revision 5.7
- Rosemount 3051S Diag – Revisions 5.3 and 7.4
- Rosemount 2088 – Revisions 5.9 and 7.10
- Rosemount 2090 – Revisions 5.9 and 7.10
- Rosemount 4600 – Revision 5.1
Versions 1.04 and 1.14:
- Fixes ‘As found’ calibration issues when controlling Fluke drywell
- Fixes pressure zeroing when Fluke 750PA Series pressure module is attached
Versions 1.03 and 1.13:
Added HART sensor trim (Fluke 754) support for the following transmitters:
- Rosemount 2051 – Revisions 5.9 and 7.10
- Rosemount 3051S***DA2 Advanced Diagnostics – Revision 5.3
- Rosemount 3144 – Revisions 5.5 and 7.6
- Rosemount 644 – Revisions 5.8 and 7.9
If you experience any problems during the update, launch the update application and try again. If problems still occur, contact the Fluke Technical Support team or call 1-800-44-FLUKE (1-800-443-5853) for further assistance.
Fluke 753/754 Windows DriverDownload 753/754 Windows Driver »
This is the driver that will enable Windows programs to communicate with the 753 and 754 through the USB port. Download this self-extracting installer and run it. Once installed, the 753/754 will be assigned to a Windows COM port. If necessary for the software package you are using, launch the windows device manager and you see what COM port has been assigned. If you have already installed DPCTrack2, then it installs this driver and it should not be necessary to do it again. For other software that communicates with the 753/754, you will need to install this driver. Some software will automatically find the appropriate COM port and some will require that you manually configure it by inputting the COM port that the 753/754 is communicating on (this is shown in the Windows Device Manager). See the particular software for more information.