What is new?
- Added Windows 10 compatibility
- New version of MS SQL Server
- Machine setups sorted alphabetically by machine name (previously sortable by severity level only)
- Longer machine name: now supports 40 characters (previously limited to 15 characters)
- Updated sync feature allows users to make changes to machine setups using Viewer software on the PC and sync to the Fluke 810
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure that you back up your data prior to the installation. Read the following instructions prior to installation if you have a previous version of Viewer Software installed.
A. Upgrading Viewer from Viewer version 1.0.8 or higher
- Open Viewer Software.
- Click on the "Preferences" menu at the top.
- Select "Create Backup" from the menu at the left.
- Click the "Browse" button to select the location for the backup file and then click "Create Backup" button. Choose a different location than where the software is installed; for instance, “My Documents” is a good location.
- Once backup is created, uninstall the current version of the Viewer Software by navigating to “Add or remove programs” in Settings, searching for the Viewer Software in the list, selecting it, and choosing to uninstall. Likewise, do the same thing for all items relating to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express.
- Install the SQL Pre-installer first by double-clicking on the .zip file you previously downloaded from the link above, and going through the instructions.
- Install the new Viewer version second by double-clicking on the .zip file you previously downloaded from the link above and going through the installation instructions.
Once the installation is complete, restore your backup data by following the steps below:
- Open Viewer Software.
- Click on "Preferences" menu at the top.
- Select "Restore Backup" from the menu at the left.
- Click the "Browse" button to select the location of the backup file you created prior to installation and then click the "Restore Backup" button.
B. Upgrading Viewer from Viewer versions prior to 1.0.8
If you are upgrading from Viewer versions prior to 1.0.8, the upgrade will erase all machine setup and diagnostic history from your PC.
Restoring erased data to the Viewer software application:
- If data is still on the Fluke 810 tester, import it back into the Viewer software within the Transfer function.
- If data is located only on the Viewer software, PRIOR TO UPGRADING, archive the data by generating .pdf reports for each machine setup, using the Viewer software's report function. Note: Data gather prior to Viewer v1.5 cannot be restored to the Tester.
Viewer v2.0 or greater is compatible with 32 bit and 64 bit Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems.