Fluke insulated pump pliers
- Fast adjust slip joint pliers
- More gripping strength and comfort compared to conventional pump pliers of the same length
- 27 jaw adjustment steps for more accurate gripping, less slippage
- Improved access in tight spaces due to slim head and joint
- Certified to 1000 V ac, 1500 V dc
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts
- Box-joint design; high stability because of double guide
- Pinch guard prevents operators´ fingers being pinched
- German chromium-molybdenum-vanadium steel
Product overview: Fluke insulated pump pliers
Fluke’s insulated fast adjust slip joint or water pump pliers give you more gripping strength and comfort compared to conventional pump pliers of the same length. 27 jaw adjustment steps provide more accurate gripping of work piece with less slippage than other designs. The slim size in the head and joint area let these pump pliers grip work pieces in tight spaces.
The pliers also self-lock on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece, all with low hand force required. The aggressive gripping surfaces have teeth hardened to HRC61 for low wear. Pinch guard prevents operators´ fingers being caught between the handles. Made from German chromium-molybdenum-vanadium (CMV) steel, multi stage oil-hardened, and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Specifications: Fluke insulated pump pliers
|Pliers Type||Nominal Length (inches)||Nominal Length (mm)|
Fluke Insulated Hand Tool Lifetime Limited Warranty
Each Fluke Insulated Hand Tool will be free from defects in material and workmanship for its lifetime. As used herein, “lifetime” is defined as seven years after Fluke discontinues manufacturing the product, but the warranty period shall be at least fifteen years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage from neglect, misuse, contamination, alteration, accident or abnormal conditions of operation or handling, damage or normal wear and tear of mechanical components. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
Recommendations for use and in-service care of Fluke Insulated Hand Tools
The following is guidance concerning the maintenance, inspection, retest and use of Fluke Insulated Hand Tools.
Warning – to avoid electrical shock or personal injury:
- Keep fingers behind the finger guards of the tool. Never touch conductive parts.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Do not use in wet or damp locations. Do not use unless the tool is clean and dry.
- Do not apply excessive force or stress to the tool insulation that may cause damage. Examples include using the insulated surfaces as a fulcrum to pry or wedge or gripping insulated tool handles with other tools such as pliers or wrenches to increase torque or leverage.
If the tool is used in a manner not specified, the protection may be impaired.
Insulated hand tools should be properly stored to minimize the risk of damage to the insulation due to storage or transportation. These insulated hand tools should be stored separated from other tools to avoid mechanical damage or confusion with uninsulated tools. Furthermore, these insulated hand tools should be prevented from contact with excessively hot surfaces (for example steam pipes) or exposure to excessive UV- radiation.
Inspection before use
Before use, each Insulated Hand Tool should be visually inspected by the user. If there is any doubt concerning the safety of the insulated hand tool, it should be subjected to examination by a competent person and if necessary retested to determine suitability or disposed of to prevent further use.
Insulated Hand Tools should be used only in environments having temperatures between –20 °C and +70 °C and, for tools marked “C”, between –40 °C and +70 °C.
Periodic examination and electrical retesting
An annual visual examination by a suitably trained person is recommended to determine the suitability of the Insulated Hand Tool for further service. If an electrical retest is required by national regulation or in the case of doubt after visual examination, the applicable dielectric test of IEC 60900 for insulated hand tools should be performed.
For details contact a Fluke Service Center.
Models: Fluke insulated pump pliers
Insulated Pump Plier Fast adjustable