Electrical power usage is changing constantly. This means load on the electric network is changing: more harmonics and unbalance. This so called 'bad' power costs money and wastes energy. To deal with this we often need more understanding of the disturbances on the electrical network. Fluke now offers a comprehensive training program on electrical power, helping you to understand and identify energy savings. The training will provide unique instructional videos, including real-life case studies, quiz, poster and a printed reference guidebook supporting the videos.
Become an expert on electrical power, solve power problems you meet in your daily work, now that electrical loads in industrial and commercial buildings are often too complex to be calculated by the classical model of power.
In these instructional videos and reference guidebook you will learn to understand the major elements that affect power quality:
- particularly inductive loads
- harmonic distortion
- three-phase power unbalance
The instructional videos offer the following content:
- Part 1 Basic DC power and single phase AC power
- Part 1b Case study: Single phase measurements
- Part 2 Three-phase AC power: Symbols and colors, balanced sine-wave systems, WYE and delta systems
- Part 3 Three-phase AC power: Unbalanced sine-wave systems, symmetrical components, unbalanced sine-wave examples
- Part 3b Case study: The costs of reactive power
- Part 4 Three-phase AC power: Combined power, neutral currents, power summaries
- Part 5 Single-phase and three-phase power losses
- Part 5b Case study: Energy loss analysis
- Part 6 Summary
Who should take this course:
Anyone who wants to increase their knowledge about electrical power theory, power quality, energy measurements and identifying energy savings.
116-pages printed reference guidebook and 9 instructional videos (3 hours in total stored on USB), quiz and poster