In the world of mechanical maintenance, vibration remains one of the earliest indicators of a machine's health.
Many companies don't have the resources to fully understand and be competent in understanding machinery health with traditional vibration analyzers which require them to:
- Make significant investments for initial setup and training.
- Change their maintenance culture from Preventive Maintenance to Predictive.
- Allocate full time resources to learn and perform vibration analysis.
- Allow at least a year for maintenance teams to be trained and get proficient in understanding vibration signatures.
Rather than using a formal vibration solution such as is outlined above many companies do one of the following:
- Change parts regularly before they wear out.
- Outsource vibration to consultants.
- Use methods such as listening with a screwdriver or a piece of wood to understand the machine condition.
- Run to failure.
Every company needs a solution that helps them:
- Quickly and reliably understand machinery health and condition severity.
- Increase efficiency by working against a prioritized list of problems.
- Take control of downtime costs by anticipating problems earlier and identifying root causes of recurring failures.
- Bridge skill gaps of the maintenance team.
The tools on this page can help you find out more about vibration whether you currently own a vibration solution or are considering one.
Application Notes Use these application notes and case studies to learn more about improving your efficiency.
Vibration testing has never been easier. Intuitive measurement procedures and automated analysis allows all personnel to conduct expert vibration analysis with minimal training. Learn more.
Vibration Testing Goes Mainstream (.pdf) »
A senior HVAC technician details his experience using the Fluke 810 Vibration Tester on a chiller, noisy pump and a couple shaky compressors.
What’s shakin’ with your HVAC system? (.pdf) »
Is it a nonstandard fault, or is it just the setup? Learn how to tell the difference and how to fix common setup issues.
How to Deal with a Nonstandard Fault Diagnosis (.pdf) »
They didn't believe it until they proved it (.pdf) »
Read how a dairy in Oregon is using the 810 Vibration Tester to solve Vibration Analysis problems.
Learn how to use the Fluke 810 on right-angle gear boxes (.pdf) »